Monday, December 19, 2011

Winter garden is in. Finally.



So I'm happy to report that I found time to get my ass out of my chair and into the garden. Things have gotten very busy at work, which is good for the wallet but certainly puts things behind in the garden. That said, everything is still well within schedule. The weather is holding up nicely here in Southern California and I have high hopes for a good showing in our boxes. 


This winter planting marks our first full year of the Alcone Garden.  If you've been reading the blog you know summer did not go as well as I had hoped, while last winter went better than expected. So I guess it all evens out, huh?

This year I'm going to make a few adjustments while trying to not mess up the goodness of last year. Spinach went like crazy last time so I'm doubling up and going with a 8 feet of it this time around. Broccoli and cabbage did well but the space that it needed compared to the return wasn't that great so I'm scrapping them. Instead I'm going with things I can give out to people around the office more easily, like onions, leeks and beets. The radishes were very well received so I'm expanding that section as well.


I'm looking forward to seeing what happens out there and hoping I didn't just get lucky. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment