Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bean gets a new home

Bean has been doing so well I decided to reward it with a housing upgrade. Actually, bean was busting out of its original cup so I decided it was time to go Venti. I'm really curious to see if the clear cup makes a difference. Will it dry out faster? Will it get warmer? Will the sun hurt the roots? We'll see.


Plants have a way of finding the smallest spaces and making the most of them, huh?



Funny thing is this is the non-worm water bean plant, so that may not be working out the way I thought it would. Maybe the other one will make a push soon. If so I'll have to make another trip to my local Starbucks.

2 comments:

  1. How do your coworkers feel about all this? Are they taking an interest or just letting you do your work (farming).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are pretty excited about it. Whenever I see one in a bad mood I lead them over to the stairwell and let them soak up the moment with the plants. It doesn't always work, but the goofiness of watching me show them how to soak up the moment usually does.

    There are a few of them following the blog, maybe they'll chime in.

    ReplyDelete