Thursday, January 20, 2011

I got worms. Wait, that didn't sound right.

I got a worm composter for Christmas, so I guess you could say I have officially geeked out on this gardening thing. It's called the Can-o-Worms and it was a pretty cool gift. The only problem was I had to order the worms separately and thanks to the snowstorms in the Northeast that took a while. Turns out worms aren't too fond of cold weather. But now I have them and they are settling in nicely.





My only knock on gardening is there's a lot of waiting while slow things do things slowly. Composting with worms is no exception. Although it's much faster than regular composting - or so I'm told. It may be a while before I'm adding the castings (fancy word for worm poo) to my garden, but I'm looking forward to it.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah... my wife's not completely on board either. But at least I don't have to worry about anyone in the house messing with my Christmas present.

    ReplyDelete